This page has moved to a new address.

Reader Request

Scattered Squirrel: Reader Request

November 14, 2012

Reader Request

Hi everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying your week.  I'm super excited about today's post.  Like over the moon, couldn't wait for the day to get here, counting down the minutes like it was Christmas morning, excited.  The reason I'm so excited is because this is the beginning of a new feature here on Scattered Squirrel.  It's combining two of my all time favourite things, all of you lovely readers and more printables.

Last month when I posted about Three Months of Printables, I put it out there that I was taking requests.  I really do want to hear about what sorts of things you wish you had printables for.  I know from personal experience that there is nothing more frustrating than spending hours, days, heck even weeks, trying to find just what you're looking for.  There are so many options out there in Blogland, in Etsy stores, or even just in the big world wide web in general.  Even with all of that, it can be hard to find just what you're looking for.  It can be frustrating trying to make something work when it's not quite right.  That's why I started to make my own, and I absolutely love designing printables, and I love sharing them with all of you even more.

That brings us to the new feature here on the blog, Reader Request!  Once a month, (or more often if I get lots of requests) I will create a printable that one of you incredible people have asked for, and I'll share it here, on the blog, for all of you to enjoy.  Now, you might wondering, "What's the catch?"  Well, there is none.  Send me an email, leave me a comment on the blog, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter (I'm still learning Twitter, but I'm pretty sure you need to put @ScatterSquirrel in your tweet for me to get it, if I'm mistaken, please let me know. I'm still pretty Twitter illiterate) about what kind of printable you're looking for, and I'll see what I can come up with for you.  The only requirement is that the printable will be shared here on the blog for everyone to enjoy.  And like all the other printables here, they'll be for personal use only.,  That's it!

My first request is a special one.  The reader who wrote in has been with me from the very beginning, so when she left a message asking if I had a room by room cleaning check list, I couldn't wait to jump into creative mode and put one together for her.  After chatting back and forth a bit I discovered that what she was looking for was a Room by Room daily/weekly check list that included 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, plus basement/family room.  And here is what I cooked up:

weekly cleaning schedule, free printable, home management binder, cleaning

I kept it pretty simple.  A check list for each room.  I toyed with a few ideas for how to organize the rooms, and finally opted to group them by floor.  Topping the printable is the main floor rooms.  I opted to put these ones on top because our main floors tend to get the most use, they're also the first areas most visitors see and spend time in.  It just made sense to put them up top.  And even if your home is all one level, those are the rooms that company tend to see and be in the most.  That's followed by the upstairs.  Why did I put this one next and not the basement?  Well, typically doing the bedrooms shouldn't take too long, and we all need a nice clean and tidy place to rest our head.  And lastly the basement.  This box/section also contains some blank spaces in case there were items I didn't include or maybe you have a few more rooms and would like to add them.  And just for fun, I added in a simple check list of typical cleaning tools and supplies.   Ok, that's not strictly true, it wasn't just for fun.  I added in the bottom check list so that when you're planning out what room/rooms you're going to be cleaning you can quickly check to make sure you have all the supplies you need.  I thought it might be helpful.

Thank you so much to the reader who wrote in. It was so much fun to work on this for you, and I hope it was what you were looking for.  I'm truly honoured to have worked on this for you.  

So there you have it, my first Reader Request feature and the printable it inspired!  As always, click the caption to snag your own copy.  This one, and all the holiday printables will be added to the Printables tab this weekend.  

So what do you think?  What printable would you request if you were requesting one?


Linking up at:

New Nostalgia

In Designer Jeans

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At November 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM , Blogger A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

Charts just seem to make things much more fun!

 
At November 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Sarah Nello said...

Hi there, i followed you from a comment left on my blog. I'm your newest follower! I love this idea, and how wonderful that you are taking requests for printables! I need to get my thinking cap on and see if i have a request... :O)

 
At November 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

What a fantastic printable. I could just hand it to my son and say "you're in charge of the __________" and then he wouldn't have to ask me what needs to be done. Thanks for stopping by today!

 
At November 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

Thank you so very much. This is just what I was looking for, I can tell you put a lot of work into my printable and thanks for the little extras. Will make cleaning a little more enjoyable every time I look at my printable. Also I will think of you each time I use it. I already printed one off and have it on the fridge. Thanks again. Hope you are having a fabulous week so far.

 
At November 15, 2012 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Alli said...

They really do, don't they? Thanks for stopping by.
Alli

 
At November 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Sarah, Thanks for popping over and for following. I'm one of your newest followers too! I had a lot of fun over on your blog reading through your posts!

Alli

 
At November 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Shauna, I never thought of handing it to our Teen. I think I might have to try that, lol. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Alli

 
At November 15, 2012 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Mom! You are most very welcome. I had a lot of fun, and I'm happy to hear it will do the trick. If you have any plastic page protectors lying around, you can always pop it into one of them and use your whiteboard markers to check things off. Saves on ink and paper. :-) Thanks for asking me to work on it, it really was a lot of fun.
Love you!
<3 <3 Hugs
Alli

 
At November 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Hilda @ From Overwhelmed To Organized said...

This is fantastic Alli! I've seen others but they were always either too complicated or too simple. This is just perfect (I feel like I'm in Goldilocks LOL!). Thanks for sharing. And I love that you did your first printable for your mom :)

 
At November 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Hilda, Thanks for dropping by! I'm glad you like the printable, and I have to agree with you on the too complicated or too simple thing. I felt really honored that she was the first to say "Hey, can you make a ...." She's been on of my strongest supporters for as long as I can remember, and being able to say thanks in a tangible way was a blessing.
Alli

 
At November 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Great printable! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

 
At November 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Thanks for stopping by Jessi. I had so much fun working on this printable, I can't wait to start on the next one!
Alli

 
At November 21, 2012 at 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this! I need to come up with a cleaning schedule, and this might really help me out!

 
At November 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Chloe, thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you find the printable useful. There is another one over on the printables tab too, if you were looking for something different!
Alli

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home