This page has moved to a new address.

Holiday Planner and 2 Free Printables

Scattered Squirrel: Holiday Planner and 2 Free Printables

November 1, 2012

Holiday Planner and 2 Free Printables

Hello everyone!  Happy November!  I really cannot believe how quickly 2012 seems to be coming to a close.  Isn't that always the way it goes though?  Time moving faster than we anticipated, days rushing by in what seems like a blur?  When I was younger I never gave much thought the the rhythms of my year, but as I've gotten older I've started to pay a little more attention.  November, foNew Nostalgiar me, is a month to pause.  Here in Canada we've already had our Thanksgiving, the only things that happen in November for my family are Remembrance Day and my Mom's birthday, so it's a good month to sit back and just enjoy the calm that comes after the busyness of October and to just enjoy the simple things in life before the craziness of the holiday season sets in.

Along with enjoying the simple things in life, November is also the perfect month to work on a project I've been wanting to do for years: create a Holidays Planner.  I figure if I start with the biggest holiday season, the other ones will be a breeze.  I tried putting together a Christmas planner a few years ago.  I forget where I found it, but I downloaded all the files, printed them off, put it all together and then never really used it.  I think it was a little too much organizing for me.  However, I really want a go to spot for holiday planning.  I want to know I can pull the planner off the shelf year after year.  As with the HMB, I want our Holidays Planner to be more like a reference book, with a dash of planner thrown in to help us stay ahead of the craziness.  

At first I wasn't sure what to begin with.  There are so many things I want to keep track of, but the truth is, only a few of them need to happen soon: Gift buying and sending out Christmas cards (which I always intend to do, and never end up doing it.  This year I'm going too!!!).  Since I'm bound and determined to send out Christmas cards this year, I decided to start there.  I created two different printables that I'm calling Mailing Lists.  The first one is an address book and check list all in one, and the second one is a check list.  Personally, I'll be using the one with the address book built in, but I realize that many of you probably don't need that, so the second one was created with you in mind.

free printable, Christmas planner, holiday planner, holiday management, check list, greeting cards, card tracker


free printable, holiday planner, Christmas planner, holiday management, check list


As always to get your copy, click on the captions.  (I tried to make the captions easier to see)  Like all printables here on Scattered Squirrel these are for personaNew Nostalgial use only.  I hope you enjoy them!!!

I really do hope you like these ones.  I can't wait to start getting them filled out and start getting myself ready for the Christmas season.  Now that I have something to help me stay on track with sending out cards, I'm thinking the next thing to tackle is gift buying.  I have a few ideas for this one, so be sure to check back on Monday to see what I've come up with.

Do you send out Christmas cards every year?  How do you keep track of who you've sent them too?  Have you, or would you ever, consider sending your own e-card?  Any requests for other printables you'd like to have for your Holiday Planner?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Allie @ Between Dreams said...

Hey there! Just found your blog through the Better Blogger Network! (I'm from T.O! .. Don't hate me though... I know B.C. isn't a huge fan of us hahaha)

I'm loving the printables! Especially coming from someone who is an EXTREME list maker. These things are like crack for me. Haha

allietodd.blogspot.com

 
At November 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Allie,
Thanks so much for hopping over. Much of my family is from the Toronto area, so you're safe! lol I'm so glad to hear you like the printables, it's always nice to hear that people are enjoying them. I'm a list maker too, I think I even have a list of my lists kicking around here somewhere. lol
I was just over at your blog, and it's wonderful! I'm a new follower!
Alli

 
At November 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Ooh great printables! We started what will hopefully be a tradition of sending out Christmas cards each year. We did it last year, and we're getting them set up now for this year, so hopefully we'll keep it up! I just keep a spreadsheet in Excel with all the names and addresses. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

 
At November 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Jessi! What a great idea, using a spreadsheet to keep track of things like Christmas cards. Every year I mean to send them out, and every year I forget, or wait until it's too late. This year I'm hoping to be a little more on the ball.
Thanks for stopping by.

Alli

 
At November 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Anonymous Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

Thanks for posting about this!! I need to send out cards this year (I wasn't organized enough to get it done last year.) I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a dime.

 
At November 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Betsy, Thanks for stopping by. I never seem to be able to get Christmas cards out either, so I've got my fingers crossed that this helps me get them out this year.
Alli

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home