This page has moved to a new address.

Holiday Baking and some more Free Printables

Scattered Squirrel: Holiday Baking and some more Free Printables

November 12, 2012

Holiday Baking and some more Free Printables

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I've been busy as a bee working on some new stuff that I can't wait to share with all of you.  Aside from the Holiday Planner printables, I've also been working on some other goodies and surprises that I can't wait to share with you.  I finally have the autumn decorations taken down, and I'm itching to start digging through the Christmas stuff, but I'm being really good.  I can wait until December... I hope!  To help take my mind off Christmas decorating and how many more days I have to wait to start decking the halls, I decided to turn my attention to some holiday stuff that I could get going on soon: the Holiday Baking.  Before just jumping in and baking up a storm I thought I'd take some time to make a plan, and you know what that means right?  More free printables to share with all of you!

This year I'm trying something new.  Our Teen is taking Foods class again this year, and I plan to let him do most of the baking.  Gasp!  Yep, I'm a little nervous about that, but I figure if I could give up my role as turkey cooker, as I did last Thanksgiving, then I can share the baking role.  To help us coordinate and plan our baking sessions I created a few printables to help us out.


The first planner page is to keep track of what we're planning to make, how many batches, will/can they be frozen (in other words, made ahead of time) and also to help us keep track of whether or not we're making them for a party or as a gift.  Having a list of recipes we're making, or wanting to make, and where to find the recipe is going to save us a ton of time.

Next, we need to find the time to do the baking, and we need to make sure we have what we need.  This is where the Baking Plan will come in really handy.

free printable, baking, shopping list, schedule, blank calendars


With this I can keep track of who's baking on what day.  That way we both have a chance to have some fun in the kitchen, without stepping on each other's toes.  I added the shopping list on the side so we can note down anything we need to pick up, or run out of as we bake up a storm.  Normally we don't start our baking until mid-November, but I thought that maybe some of you might start at the beginning of the month, if not earlier.  I left the calendars undated so that they could be used year after year.

The last printable I have for you is for something new I want to try.  Everyone has their favourite holiday goody; that cookie or square, or other treat that they look forward to every year.  I really wanted a way to keep track of that.  One of these years I want to make up a huge basket of goodies for my nearest and dearest, and I really want to make sure that everyone gets something that they really enjoy at holiday time.  

free printable, holiday planning, holiday baking

This one is pretty simple, every person gets a box where I can keep track of who likes what.  I also included a spot at the bottom for those goodies that don't make the individual favourites list, but everyone still enjoys. 

My plan for these three printables is to use them together year after year to plan out our baking.  The Family Favourites will be the driving force behind the Baking List.  The Baking List will hold all the info needed to plan when to bake what, and how much.  And the Baking Plan will help us stay on track, and hopefully the shopping list on it will help keep us from running out of the ingredients that we need.

So, what do we need to plan for next?  We've covered Greeting Cards, Gift Giving, and now Baking.  What does that leave? I know I have a few more things up my sleeve, but what do you think?  Is there something that you plan for every year?  Anything you want to plan for this year? 

I really hope that you find these helpful.  As always, just click the captions to snag a copy of your own.

Do you have a favourite holiday goody that you look forward to having year after year?  

Linking up at:


The DIY Dreamer



Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At November 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Bree said...

Loving the printables, too bad I don't cook :)

 
At November 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Breanna, thanks for stopping by! I'm glad to hear that you like the printables. I'm not much of a cook either, but I do love to bake!
Alli

 
At November 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Mary Jane said...

I have a question about one of your printables. I have been trying to print a copy of "Our Family Schedule for the week of" but the printing on the copy is very difficult to read and not the same as pictured on your blog. Has the printing style been changed? The letters on the title and the days of the week all run in together. I find it very difficult to read.

 
At November 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Mary Jane, thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for letting me know there is a problem. I haven't changed anything on the printable since sharing it on here, and when I check it everything looks fine. Did you click the link or the picture? If you clicked the picture try clicking the link and downloading it from Google Docs. Make sure your printer settings are set to print it in landscape. It's designed to print 11 X 8.5. If that doesn't help, or if it would be easier for you, send me an email (scatteredsquirrelblog@gmail.com) and I'll email you the PDF file, that might help the resolve the issue.
Are the other ones working for you?
I hope this helped. If you ever run into trouble with the printables, you can always email me at the address above and I'll send you a copy of the file. I'm working on a solution for the downloads, as there seems to be some issues with Google Docs. Hopefully I'll get that all sorted out soon.
Thanks so much for letting me know about this. Please let me know if any of the suggestions worked or not.
Alli

 
At November 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

Love these printables!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

 
At November 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Christine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these printables!! Soooooo useful!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

 
At November 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Awesome printables! I especially love the family favorites one, what a great way to keep track of who likes what! My mom does something sort of similar; she has a little composition notebook where she writes down what she cooks every time anyone comes over. That way she doesn't cook the same thing twice, and she can keep track of allergies or what people like or don't like. :-)

Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

 
At November 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Betsy, thanks for stopping by, and for hosting such an awesome party! Glad to hear you like them.
Alli

 
At November 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Christine, Thanks so much, I'm really happy to hear that you like them. Thanks for hosting such a great party.
Alli

 
At November 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Hi Jessi, Your Mom's system sounds fantastic! How lovely that she's able to keep track of all that and create a wonderful experience for her guests. Thanks so much for hosting the link party, and thanks for stopping by!
Alli

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home