This page has moved to a new address.

Missing In Action

Scattered Squirrel: Missing In Action

April 10, 2012

Missing In Action

Hi there Everyone!  I'm so sorry I've been missing these last few days.  It was a busy long weekend here.  On top of the Easter holiday, it was also Travis's last weekend at home before starting his new job, and we were tackling a couple big projects that need to get done before we list the house.  It was BUSY!  In between the projects we tried to carve out as much family time as possible, which meant a couple of movie nights, plus a whole morning off of work, for Easter.

And now, we're at the part I wasn't looking forward too.   I don't mind packing and cleaning by myself, I don't even mind doing the painting and finishing up the projects on my own, but I miss my husband!  And he's only been gone for a few hours, lol   But, it will all be worth it to move!  Or so I keep telling myself. :-)

So, what kept us so busy.... we put in a new surround for the tub, patched a couple holes in the walls, packed more stuff, and Travis and the boys hauled it all out to the shed for now.  Cleaned up the deck and the yard, scrubbed walls, rearranged our room, made BIG messes everywhere, (renos suck at times) and shopping.... I think we had to hit every hardware and paint store in town to get all the supplies we needed.  That was a painful experience.  Thankfully I had already decided on an off white for the bathroom and mudroom, and that was an easy pick.  I'm not going to fiddle with testing a few different colors, I picked one, and that's what it's going to be!  A little crazy, but I figured there isn't too much room for error with a white.

Anyway, that's what we've been up too, aside from cramming in lots of family time with the boys.  So, what's up for me this week .... more wall scrubbing, more packing, more organizing, and then, hopefully, a visit from the realtor to tell me what else to do, where to focus our energy, and to get the ball rolling on getting that for sale sign put up!  Woo hoo!!!!

I will try to get a few more posts up with some pictures of the projects we did.  Taking pictures was the furthest thing from my mind this weekend, so most of the projects are missing good before pictures.  Sorry about that, I just didn't think about it until half way through.

For now though, I'm off to get more stuff done, and I think Liam and I will be making a donation run later on.  I think that is my favorite part of this process, seeing the things we no longer need, love, or want leave the house never to return.  I've been as ruthless as I can, and have managed to collect a few boxes and bags to go to new homes.  :-)  That makes me soooo happy!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and I wish you a fantatstic day today!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home