This page has moved to a new address.

Craft and Office Organizing

Scattered Squirrel: Craft and Office Organizing

March 23, 2012

Craft and Office Organizing

***** Warning:  This post is going to be picture heavy *****

Well, I'm two days into my "Around the House in 40 Days" challenge, and I've got the first project done!  Woo hoo!!!  I decided to start with the office and craft stuff because when those are in order, everything else seems soooo much smoother.  And also, because I have a feeling I'm going to be needing quick access to many of those thing through out the next 40 days.  Because I took so many pictures, I'll keep my commentary to the bare minimum. 

The number one goal with this project was to keep only what I'll use, and only what I have room for.  Keeping in mind that I might have to pack this stuff up, I was able to get it all in order, pared down a little, and most importantly, put away in their new homes.  

I do apologize for the state of the pictures.  As you'll see, these are problem areas, and I'm hoping that with the new order of things will help keep the areas neat and tidy.  

Desk


Office/Craft Stuff Stand


Guess I wasn't using that drawer, lol


Bin of Craft Stuff


What was left in the Office Trunk. 

The pictures make me think ... eeeek!  First because of the cluttered areas, and second because of the poor use of space.  To make it easier I cleared out all the areas, made a trip or two around the house to hunt out any other items that would fall into the these two categories, and I sorted as I went.  (I think the in process pictures are worse than the before pics)




Not too bad right?  But if you turn around and look into the living room, this is what you see:

This is ordered chaos!

It may not look like it, but this is sorted and organized.  

Then I started putting everything back.  The items I use most went onto the desk, within easy reach.  The items we don't use often, like our long term files, video camera, owner manuals, extra paper, etc.. went into the trunk, and the stand now hold ALL my craft supplies, the home management library, and some books and magazines.    I'm really quite happy with how it turned out.  Are you ready to see???

The car drawer now hold all the little items we use regularly.


I don't actually use the desk for writing, so lack of surface space isn't an issue.  Now I have the note books I use most often, and my favorite pens in easy to tote containers for when I want to set up shop on the dining room table.

Some reference books, my daily file box (in pink) and the file box with my Grandma's writing in it . the tape dispenser (that I moved up out of the reach of Liam) and my extra markers and storage box for the camera and it's cords and charger.

Awww... neat, tidy, and so easy to get at what I need to get!


Yep, this is the same poor over crowded shelf.  Now all neatened up.  The basket holds my most used craft items like scissors and punches and ribbon, the boxes to its right are for envelopes and greeting cards.  Below is the rest of my craft and sewing stuff and a magazine file containing a few magazines and books that I like to keep on hand for ideas.  And of course, the binders that make up our Home Management Library!  The best part: the top!  It's completely clear!!!


And our trunk!  Magazine files hold spare lined paper and coil notebooks, printer paper and photo paper.  The basket in the middle is the new home to all our owner's manuals, and the accordion file tucked in neatly to the side.  A few odds and ends that we don't use often but still need to keep on hand are tucked in there as well.  And the best part, we use the trunk as a coffee table, so this piece is doing double duty.

And that concludes the first project.  It may not look like much, but boy does it make a BIG difference!!  I'm so happy with it!   What do you think?

I'm not sure what's up next, but I can't wait.  Don't you just love it when everything ends up nice and neat???

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!


Organizing Made Fun

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At March 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM , Anonymous ashley @ design build love said...

congrats on the organization! Your space really looks great a super user friendly!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Thank you so much!!! :-)

 
At April 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger OrganizingMadeFun said...

Oh, this is so great! Glad you linked up!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun

 
At April 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Alli said...

Thank you Becky! I couldn't resist, especially after seeing all the rooms you wonderful ladies blogged about. :-)

 
At December 20, 2012 at 3:56 AM , Blogger Roxana White said...

looks great, inside and out!

 
At December 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Alli said...

Thanks! It worked pretty well while we were there. Wish I had come up with that idea when we first moved in there. lol

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home